Book Your Free Legal Session With Kiley Law Group - Portsmouth Team
New Hampshire Car Accident Attorneys
Top Car Accident Attorney in Portsmouth, New Hampshire Who's Been Fighting For Drivers for Over 40 Years
The aftermath of a car crash can be physically and emotionally devastating for the victim. Kiley Law Group Car Accident Lawyers in New Hampshire are here to offer comprehensive legal assistance to those who sustained injuries and financial setbacks resulting from a motor vehicle accident. If you or a loved one suffered such losses, contact the Kiley Law Group in New Hampshire to schedule a free consultation.
What our clients say:
“What can I say about the Kiley Law group? They are outstanding! From the initial call to the end results nothing but professionalism, great communication. My expectations were always set properly. Thanks for the great hopefully once in a lifetime experience. Kiley will always be my go to!” – Larry L.
If you have sustained injuries in an accident caused by another driver who demonstrated negligence or recklessness, it is likely that you will be eligible for financial compensation. In relation to driving and motor vehicle accidents, negligence is often defined as showing disregard to a driver’s duty to drive safely. An example of negligence may be disobeying traffic laws, speeding or distracted driving. Recklessness, on the other hand, while similar to negligence, is a more serious offense and it represents blatant irreverence or indifference to safety.
However, to be able to recover compensation, your attorney will need to produce evidence that the other driver was at fault in the accident and that the accident was the cause of your injuries. Witness testimonies, photos from the accident scene, and the police report about the accident, and medical records can all be used to build your case. The more evidence you are able to produce, the stronger your case will be.
Financial compensation in a personal injury claim is designed to cover a wide range of damages and losses sustained by the victim of a car accident. The compensated damages may be both monetary and non-monetary in nature and include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Cost of medicine
- Pain & suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost wages due to inability to work
The specific losses you will be able to claim, and the value of such losses will vary depending on your injuries and the circumstances of your case. Similarly, the amount of compensation you may be awarded cannot be predicted with certainty during your initial consultation or even in the early stages of your claim. Car accident victims, therefore, should be wary of attorneys promising any exact amounts of compensation without thoroughly investigating all the circumstances of an accident first.
Personal injury claims, even those related to minor car accidents, can be complicated. Many accident victims find that trying to handle a legal claim on their own while still suffering from the emotional and physical impact of their accident is not possible. To ensure the best possible results for your claim, it is imperative that you hire an experienced car accident attorney.
But what exactly does a car accident attorney do?
- Seek Medical Attention – First of all, your attorney will make sure that you really are on a path to achieve maximum medical recovery. If your treatment isn’t finished yet, your attorney may even suggest and put you in contact with experienced healthcare providers specializing in treating injuries of the kind you have sustained.
- Gather Evidence – Second, a car accident lawyer will closely analyze the available evidence related to the accident in order to prepare a strong claim for compensation. This may include contacting the witnesses, evaluating the police report, and scrutinizing the circumstances that led to the accident.
- Present Your Case to the Insurance Company – Finally, your attorney will prepare your claim and present it to the insurance company of the at-fault driver. Here, his or her expertise will be invaluable since many insurers resort to clever tactics in order to avoid as much legal and financial responsibility as possible. Some of these tactics include trying to minimize your injuries, contradict your version of events, or offer a settlement amount far below the actual worth of your claim. An experienced attorney will not be fooled or deterred by such tactics and if negotiations with an insurance company fail, they will be prepared to represent your case in the court.
A common misconception is that only affluent people can afford the services of a lawyer. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Even if you are a person of modest means, you can still afford to work with a car accident attorney. While many lawyers work on a per hour basis, charging substantial rates, personal injury attorneys usually only charge on a contingent fee basis. This fee is only paid if your attorney is able to get you a settlement and it consists of a percentage of your compensation to be collected out of your damages and not out of your pocket. Thus, even if your budget is heavily strained by the expenses and losses related to your injuries, you can still expect a lawyer to work with you without demanding any upfront fees.
Undoubtedly, there are many good car accident lawyers out there. The attorneys at Kiley Law Group are well-known for their substantial record of successful car accident cases. Our lawyers always cooperate closely with their clients to develop strong cases with high chances of success. We do this by striving to understand the unique circumstances and individual needs of each client. Our focus is to deliver outstanding results for every single person who decides to work with us. If you believe you may have a claim, contact us for a free consultation and experience the exceptional care and attention we show our clients.